Hello, my name is Laurie Santoro. I grew up in Bucks County, the suburbs of Philadelphia. Spent much of my time as a kid fishing and biking with my brother. Began taking photos about the age of 10.
At the age of 35, I attended The Art Institute of Philadelphia, completing a 120 credit degree with 3.9 GPA in Specialized Technology in Graphic Design, while raising 2 young children and working as a hair stylist. I worked for the “Northeast Times”, and then eventually entered into the family business, “The Print Shop”, until the owner passed on and closed up the business. I have been doing freelance projects and taking continuing education classes in web design, interior design and photography.
I purchased my first DSLR in 2013, and have been studying everything I can get my hands on to learn the technical stuff.
I participate in three (3) local Camera Clubs, and two (2) Photo Walk Clubs in the City of Philadelphia. “Fairmount Photo Club” and “Cityscapes”. I’m having a great time shooting and meeting new people and visiting new places.
I have had the pleasure of showing my Images in:
- Rydal Park, Jenkintown, PA.
- Ann’s Choice Warrington, PA.
- Churchville Nature Center, PA. Won 2018 “Best in Show” for Photo “Birds on the Wire”.
- “Birds on the Wire” exhibited at the Northampton Library, PA
- The Delaware Rivertowns Project, with Bill Brokaw Photography. Frenchtown, and Lambertville, New Jersey.
- The Pennsylvania Center for Photography “Americana”, Doylestown, PA. 2018
- Centre for the Arts, Bristol, PA
- The Pennsylvania Center for Photography “Odessy”, Doylestown, PA 2019
- Black and White Magazine finalist “Birds on the Wire”
- Churchville Nature Center, PA. Won 2019 “Best of Show” “Scratching Up”
- “Scratching Up”, exhibited at the Northampton Library, PA
- City Hall, Philadelphia, PA
- Board member for Huntingdon Valley Camera Club, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
- Noble Dentistry Abington, PA